2.18.2013

MUSIC MONDAYS! Feat. BEATS ANTIQUE & PHOTEK


I'm in desperate need of new forms of inspiration these days.... so, why not turn to music!  Don't get me wrong, I am still obsessed with fashion/menswear and love doing it daily...but I need music!  Music is always blasting in my office, so why not bring more of it to the blog?  So, starting today... definitely bringing back "Music Mondays".

Before the holidays, I was fortunate enough to be sent two CDs from Confluence and have been so busy that I'm just getting around to them.

I.  BEATS ANTIQUE - CONTRAPTION V. II

Beats Antique is Oakland based American experimental world fusion and electronic music group.  A bit gypsy mixed with heavy tribal dance influence, I will have to say I'm sorta loving it.  I can already imagine a highly decorative and ornate collection walking down the runway when I listen to it - transporting the audience to a far away estranged land (how very galliano-esque!)  My favorite song from the Contraption V. II album is Crush feat. Brazz Menazeri perhaps because I envision it as a runway song with the progression of looks as the song evolves.  Hear/see the youtube video below:


II. PHOTEK KU:PALM

PHOTEK's new album KU:PALM is very cinematic with it's drum & bass roots.  I've not paid that much attention to PHOTEK until I heard his Daft Punk remix on the Tron soundtrack (GRAMMY nominated!) and most recently Lana Del Rey's RIDE.  So, it was a pleasant surprise to notice that this was one of the two CDs sent to me.  I would say my favorite song is This Love feat. Ray La Montagne.  See/Hear the video below:



Enjoy the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment